SIS' Strategy 2010 - 2015
Sets out what we do, what we plan to do, and the values that
Is to give the UK advantage, acting secretly overseas to make
the country safer and more prosperous.
We do this by:
- Obtaining secret intelligence on critical security and economic
issues to inform better policy decisions;
- Operating overseas to disrupt terrorism and proliferation and
helping to prevent and resolve conflict;
- Using covert contacts overseas to shape developments and
exploit opportunities in the UK's interests.
Over 2010 - 2015 we will:
- Work with partners across Government to maximise our
contribution to defence, security and economic priorities and
combine capabilities in new and smarter ways;
- Combine with other UK intelligence agencies to deliver maximum
impact and turn cyberspace to the UK's advantage.
- Support and develop our people, investing in our professional
skills and the diversity of our workforce;
- Invest in new technologies and use them to full effect;
- Work efficiently and imaginatively to deliver the best
We uphold these values:
Integrity - we act within our legal
framework and with the highest ethical and professional
Making a difference - we judge ourselves by the
value we add in our daily work and the difference we contribute to
real world outcomes;
Teamwork - we work as a team, across SIS,
across Government and with our international partners;
Innovation - we use modern techniques,
exploiting technology, working at pace, and being creative and
intrepid in meeting our goals.